Thursday, June 01, 2006

Chuck Palahniuk, Pastoral Counselor. Or, If I Could. And Make A Deal With God.

Headline and abstract found at the Guardian:

Till death us do part
We're all doomed in the end - so when a character in a horror movie is sent brutally to their grave, it should be a great source of comfort to us, says Fight Club author Chuck Palahniuk.


Now I know what I'll do when I feel really bummed about mortality--my own and that of those I love. I'll rent The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Then I'll feel all better. Thanks, Chuck. You're so wise. And so superfreaking cool, with your edgy, bloody oeuvre.

In the immortal words of Kiki, she of the insane pretend lounge act known as Kiki and Herb: "People die, ladies and gentlemen. And that is all you need to know." I suppose I prefer my home truths delivered by a man in a wig doing cabaret versions of New Order and Radiohead songs, accompanied by some raging piano.

Above point accompanied by a photo of Kiki raging:



The following Kiki and Herb moment goes out to my sister and the proprietess of Prunes and Prism especially, but it's New York, it's summer, and I figured everyone would enjoy a Kate Bush song performed on a fire escape.